Brief User Guides Windows 8.1. Task Manager.
What is Windows Task Scheduler, and what functions does it perform?
Considering Windows 8.1 functionality, you can deepen a little further everyday tasks, and talk about setting up the system. More precisely, talk about tools that do not participate in everyday processes, but are also very useful when it comes to the functionality of your operating system. Such a tool serves Windows 8.1 task scheduler. The user manual for this tool is very important. After all, it turns out that there are decent functionality in the system, but they use their limited number of users. Since this series of articles was more aimed at covering some performance tools, it is necessary to expand the topic slightly, because the launch of certain processes according to graphics is a full-fledged performance aspect. We are talking about Windows 8.1 task scheduler.
Perhaps the extended functions of your operating system will not be very useful. But about how the task scheduler works in the Windows 8.1 system to write. This is a small user manual, to create a schedule, will demonstrate all the functionality of which you may not even hear.
An example of creating tasks for a scheduler can be a specific set of rules, launching programs in which you work together with Windows. After all, you know exactly what instruments are important for you. Thus, you can configure the default load, and when you start a computer, along with the system you will have a browser or graphic editor, and maybe this is a text editor?
However, you can also configure the automatic shutdown of your workstation with the onset of a certain period of time. All this is included in the circle of scheduled tasks in Windows 8.1.
We will deal with Windows 8.1 task scheduler
In fact, run the task scheduler in the Windows 8.1 system is quite problematic, more precisely, this tool is hidden enough. So, to open the Windows 8.1 task scheduler, you must proceed to computer management. This can be done simple enough. No matter where you are, click the Win + X key combination. In the list that appears, select "Computer Management".
Let's try to create a simple task, for this in the list there is an appropriate task creation wizard. Run "Create a simple task." We follow the items of creating a problem, answering questions:
1. Name and description of the task
2. Performance Performance. In turn, each periodicity has its own characteristics and more subtle settings. So planing the daily task, you specify a repeatability (every day, two, etc.), make the time zone synchronization, while the weekly task is configured by the days of the week, etc.
3. Next is the choice of action. What exactly do you want to do? You can run the program, send an e-mail or display a message on the screen. By the way, Windows will warn you about the rationality of certain actions. Accordingly, create a message that is not recommended will not allow you to create.
Yes, the functionality is limited. You can configure the start of the program, configure the start of the message - it will be more difficult. That's all, an article about the task scheduler last in this cycle. Read, recognize the new one, and I will try to compose knowledge in a separate area, and present some next cycle. See you friends!
Articles from the cycle:
Windows 8.1 User Manual. Custom search
Windows 8.1 User Manual. Work with calendar
Windows 8.1 User Manual. Support Center
Windows 8.1 User Manual. Windows 8.1 Control Panel, Run Methods
Friends! Did you like the article? I need your support in Yandex Dzen.
Subscribe, put the huskies!
Today, few users know that there is a program called "Task Scheduler" Windows 7 and 8.
In fact, this is a very useful thing, the meaning of which is to start certain programs with certain conditions and at a certain time.
In addition to launching programs, you can also perform other tasks - sending email letters, displaying a message with some text (reminder) and more.
Such functions help greatly when you need to perform a lot of tasks, but it is not possible to remember all of them, and write everything on leaves and hang them in all places of the room ineffective, because they simply lose.
The task scheduler is also convenient because to use it is very easy. Consider all operations with this program.
In order to open the planner, there are two ways: one is to use the "Start" menu (Windows menu, if it is Windows 8), and the second is to use the command line.
To use the first way, you need to do the following:
- Open the Start menu ("Windows" menu) and run there "Control Panel" there.
Fig. №1. Menu "Start" and "Control Panel" in it
- Next, you need to click on the "System and Security" item (in some systems "System and its maintenance") and in the window that opens, click on "Administration".
Fig. №2. "Administration" in the control panel
- The following will open a list of programs available as part of Windows administration. Actually, among them will be the "job scheduler". It must be launched by a double-click, like any other conventional program.
Fig. No. 3. List of programs available as part of Windows administration capabilities
The second method is performed as follows:
Fig. №4. Two ways of running a command line
Fig. №5. Enter the task scheduler launch command prompt
Now you can proceed to add some task.
Creating a task
From the very beginning, select the folder in which the task will be created. To do this, simply click on it in the tree of the Planner Library on the left.
You can create a new folder by pressing the "Create folder" item in the "Action" section in the top menu.
Fig. №6. Creating a new job folder in Windows scheduler
In the selected folder there are two possibilities for creating a task - in a lightweight mode and in the usual one.
To use the first option, you must click on the "Create Simple Task" button on the right menu. And then you need to do the following:
- In the window that appears, enter the name and description of the task. The second is not mandatory. After that, click the Next button to go to the next step.
Fig. №7. Opening window name and description task in the scheduler
- Next you just need to choose when the selected action will be performed and press "Next" again.
Fig. №8. Select the task start mode
- Next you need to choose what to do. We work in simplified mode and only three options are available here - launching some program, sending e-mail and displaying a message.
Fig. №9. Selection of an action option within the framework of the task
- For example, you can select the output to the message screen. In this case, you will need to ask his headline and the message itself.
Fig. №10. Enter heading and message to display
- Further in the planner window, we will once again see all the conditions of the task created. If everything is true, click "ready" and waiting for the start of the task.
Fig. №11. Last window with parameters created task
Actually, our created message.
Fig. №12. Output of the message according to the task
And to create a task in the usual, and not simplified mode, in the "Actions" menu you need to select the "Create Task" command.
In principle, here are almost the same tabs and stages of creating a task, but much more parameters.
For example, in the first window, you can specify not only the name and description of the task, and also the one for whom it will be performed.
So this can be done for registered or unregistered users. Also, the task can be performed only for those who have the highest right.
Fig. №13. Sharing task window
Creating a trigger
Next, in this case, you need to do the following:
- Create a trigger. In the simplified mode, the user simply indicated how the task will be executed - once, every month and so on. Here you can choose some additional parameters, such as repetition, stopping after some time lapse, the validity period and a lot more.
As an example, create the same output of the message with the same text. To do this, select "once" and set the output time, and repetition every 5 minutes.
Fig. №14. Task execution mode window
After setting all these parameters, press the "OK" button and the trigger will appear in the list.
- In the same way, we create an action - go to the "Action" tab, click "Create". In the window that opens, you select "Display a message" by the inscription "Action", we enter its headline, text and click "OK". The list of actions appears new.
Fig. №15. Actions window
- Go to the "Conditions" tab and ask we need. Here you can specify that the task should only be performed at a simple computer for a certain period of time only if there is power or access to the network.
Fig. №16. Task Performance Window
- In the "Parameters" tab, it can be done so that the task stops executed if it works more than a certain time, could not stop at the request and a lot more.
Fig. №17. Additional parameters of the task created
Fig. №18. Execution of the created task
Managing created tasks
All actions on the tasks already created are performed in the planner window, in its most central part. If specifically, you can do the following with them:
- Delete - Just click on the left mouse button and press the DELETE button on the keyboard or click on the right button right and select "Delete" in the drop-down list;
Fig. №19. Task deletion point in the drop-down menu
- export , and then import - in the same way, click on the desired task with the right mouse button and in the drop-down menu, click on "Export" (a dialog box to save a file in the .xml format), and then in the menu on the right, click "Import" (the selection menu will appear);
Fig. №20. Import and export tasks in task scheduler
- Change existing task - just click on the desired setting of the left mouse button twice, after which the same wizard will open in which the task was created (you can also click once and the Master window in the thumbnail will appear on the bottom panel);
Fig. №21. Changing the previously created task
Note: You can change all parameters except the name and location folder.
- Run or complete the execution on demand - for this there are commands in the lower right corner of the planner window.
Fig. №22 Commands related to the Ready Task
Displaying all tasks performed
To see everything, even hidden tasks that are currently running, you must select "Display all executable tasks" item in the "Action" tab, which is at the top of the program.
Fig. №33. Displays the list of all tasks currently
By the way, in this window you can also remove the execution of some kind of task, that is, stop it.
To do this, simply click on it with the left mouse button and click the "Remove Task" button, which will be available.
Viewing properties and magazine
To see properties, you must click on the desired task with the left mouse button once and in the action menu (right at the bottom) select the appropriate item.
It has a log tab, where all information is displayed on how this task was performed.
Fig. №34. Display properties and journal of task execution in the scheduler
Read more about managing your PC in our material:
Windows administration - basic tools
Visual instructions for using the scheduler to optimize the system loading are shown in the video below:"Previous post Next post "
This article discusses several ways with which you can open the task scheduler in the Windows operating system.
Task Scheduler allows you to automate any computer service tasks.
With it, you can not only configure one-time or periodic execution of tasks, but also plan them for example at the time on or off the computer, log in or when there are any specific system events.
Opening a scheduler through a Windows search
To open the task scheduler, use the "Windows Search", for this click on the search icon In the taskbar or click the key combination + S, in the search bar, start entering task Scheduler and in the search results select Task Scheduler .
Run through the "Run" dialog box
Open the Run dialog box, for this press the key combination + R, then enter the taskschd.msc and press the key ENTER .
Using the Start menu
Open the "Start" menu, in the list of applications in the group under the letter "C", find and expand the Windows Administration Folder and select the application. Task Scheduler .
In the Computer Management utility
The task scheduler is also present in the system and as an element of the built-in utility "Computer Management".
Run the Computer Management utility for this, right-click on the Start button In the taskbar or click the key combination + X and in the menu that opens Computer Management .
Then in the window that opens Computer Management in the left pane, in the section Service Programs Choose Task Scheduler .
Opening the scheduler using the "Control Panel"
Open the classic control panel, in the View drop-down list: select Small badges And then select Administration.
Then in the Administration folder that opens, select Task Scheduler .
Run from the system directory
Open Windows Explorer and go to the next way:
C: \\ Windows \\ System32
To start the task scheduler, double-click the Taskschd.msc file
Task Scheduler is a standard administration tool that is responsible for running processes or schedule programs. Windows 8 task scheduler helps to configure the power on or off at a specified time, set a reminder, automate those or other operating system operations.
To start the scheduler in Windows 8, you need to go to the "Administration" section through the control panel> "System and Security".
Next, we find the planner in the list and launch it.
The standard administrator window has the following form:
As can be seen from the screenshot, the interface is divided into three panels: on the left side the tree structure of the folders is shown, in the center - all information about the selected processes, on the right, the action selection menu above the tasks.
The Windows 8 task scheduler provides the following features:
- Creating a simple task using the built-in master;
- Creating a task using manual settings;
- Import and export tasks;
- Displays the list of active processes;
- Creating and deleting folders in the left pane;
- Journal management.
The list of all these actions window can also be called by pressing the right mouse button on the folder shortcut or the task itself, respectively.
In addition to independently created tasks, a large number of automatic processes needed for the correct operation of the system are already present in the utility, such as:
- Cleaning the disk from temporary files,
- Disk Defragmenter,
- Antivirus check and much more.
Creating a simple task
To create a simple task, click on the appropriate item in the right pane of the program. Next, come up with the name and, if necessary, fill the description.
In the "Trigger" paragraph exhibit the desired frequency of implementation.
Then click "Next" and set the time and frequency of repetitions.
Further choose one of the three actions that the administrator will execute when the task is started:
- launch of the program;
- withdrawing a notification message to the screen;
- Sending email at a given address.
It is essential that the Windows Warning that this or that action is not recommended by the system, most likely to mean the inability to create a process or incorrect execution.
Optimization of the system using the scheduler
To maximize Windows 8 optimization, you will need to create a scheduler job using manual settings. Manual setting has a wider functionality, allowing you to assign pending targets. So, for example, you can significantly speed up the system boot, if you configure the start of the programs you need to work a few minutes after Windows boot.
Consider the option of creating a task using manual settings on the example of a deferred launch of the Dropbox application.
- Select the "Create Task" menu item in the right pane.
- We prescribe the name and description (optional). Click "OK".
- Go to the Trigger tab and click "Create". In the resulting destination list, select "at startup".
- In the "Advanced Parameters" section, we set the checkbox near "postpone the task:" and set a period of 2 minutes.
- Go to the "Action" tab and select "Starting the Program" in the same way as shown in the screenshot.
- In the "Script" field, specify the path to the selected application. It looks like this: Disc: Used UserPapper Program Full File with Expansion "Exe". For example: with: usersantonappdatadropboxdropbox.exeplog to the file Copy from the pre-installed Autoruns utility.
- Click "OK".
We reboot the computer and watch the planned Dropbox running exactly two minutes after the computer is turned on, which was our ultimate goal.
Windows 8 task scheduler is a convenient tool for configuring a computer that allows the user to significantly optimize both its own operation and the operation of the operating system.
Windows Task Scheduler: Video
Windows developers provided in its operating system a set of useful functions and tools. The "Task Scheduler" is a tool that gives the user the ability to schedule one or another task in advance under certain conditions, for example, to start the program within a few minutes after the computer is turned on. For the first time appeared in Windows XP, but some changes have undergone in the "seven". As for Windows 8, then there "Task Scheduler" It is almost no different from the operating system similar in the previous version.
In this article, you will get acquainted with all aspects of the job scheduler in Windows 8.
How to open a "job scheduler" in Windows 8
Job Planner always launched by default in all versions of Windows where it is available. This is because with its help the system creates certain tasks, for example, on the launch of any important files that occurs in the background. Because of this, this tool always starts and works together with the system, however, in the background. If this is not the case, the user may encounter serious problems when working at a computer.
Lose "Scheduler" Always in the included state, its interface is disabled and the user needs to enter it. For this, there are several ways offered by the operating system itself. Below they will all be discussed in more detail.
Option 1: After "Start"
This option offers the most standard solution - find "Scheduler" In the list of programs in the menu "Start" . It is implemented as follows:
- Click on icon "Start" in the bottom panel.
- Run the tiled menu where you need to view programs. To do this, you can use a special down or stronger, allowing you to view more tiles.
- You will have a list with folders. Here you need to reveal the folder "Standard applications" . It is worth considering that the folder can wear another name, but the point will continue the same.
- It will appear another list with programs and folders. Open folder "Service" that is closer to the end of the list.
- In the tile interface, find it "Task Manager" and click on it. The utility is running.
This opening method may incorrectly work on Windows 8, since the Start menu has undergone very large changes compared to what was in the old versions of Windows.
Option 2: through the "Control Panel"
This method is also standard and applies to all Windows operating systems. In this case, there should be no problems, since "Control Panel" starting with Windows 7, practically did not change. Instruction:
- Click on icon "Start" . Among applications and tiles, find the element "Control Panel" . Click on it.
- To make it more convenient for you to work with "Control panel" , relying on this instruction, set up opposite "View" value "Categories" .
- In the "Control Panel" find the section "System and safety" .
- Another window will open, where you need to go to the section "Administration" What is located at the very bottom.
- You will see "Conductor" With a small list of programs. Among them you need to choose "Task Scheduler" .
Option 3: System Search
In Windows 8, the developers have provided a convenient search on the system, which allows you to find almost any item, whether it is a file, folder or program. Among all the considered methods of launching the utility - this is the easiest:
- Click on the icon "Start" . The tile interface will open, where you need to press the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- Enter this line the name of the desired object. In this case, it "Task Scheduler" . You do not need to add this name completely. The search string will be able to give the result on the first word.
- From the list with the results, run the desired program.
Option 4: Row "Run"
Line "Run" It is a universal tool that allows you to run both system programs and some operations with special commands. Consider how to run the launch "Task Scheduler" In Windows 8:
- To call string "Run" Use a universal combination of hot keys Win + R. .
- In the appeared row, write the team:
Taskschd.msc.So that it applies, you need to click on ENTER or button "OK" .
- After that, the tool sheath will start.
Option 5: "Console"
The command line interface looks difficult, especially for those who do not work out at all with the computer and who did not have to work with her earlier. This way is launch "Task Scheduler" In Windows 8, it is not the most popular, but allows it to open in cases where other methods do not work, for example, due to the system error / failure. The instructions for this method looks like this:
- Click on the WINDOVS logo on "Task panels" .
- In the tile interface, select the program "Command line" . For convenience, you can use the search (Icon of the magnifier at the top or sort the tiles by category). Click on the desired tile with the right mouse button.
- A context menu will appear where you need to select the option. "Run on the name of the administrator" . Without administrator rights to execute this task to run "Command Line" not necessary.
- Run interface "Command Line" . Enter the command here:
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Taskschd.mscSo that it applies, click ENTER .
- Will be launched "Planner" .
Option 6: Run from "Explorer"
Also "Task Scheduler" In Windows 8, you can run "Explorer" That is, through the executable file in the system directory. To do this, you need to follow the following instructions:
- Launch "Conductor" . His icon is on "Taskbar" .
- In the address bar "Explorer", which is located at the top of the VBE window the next way:
C: \ Windows \ System32 \You need to click on ENTER Or on the arrow icon, which is located in the address bar.
- In the folder where the transition was performed, you need to find and run the file. "Taskschd.msc" . Since there will be many files in this folder, it is recommended to use the search by folder for convenience, which is located in the upper right part of the "Explorer" window. There you only need to enter the name of the desired object.
Functional "job scheduler"
Knowing how to enter "Task Scheduler" You can proceed directly to the analysis of its functional. It is mainly reduced to the fact that you can create a specific "task" for the computer, which it must or do not perform under a certain condition.
See also: How to use job scheduler in Windows 10 Windows Task Scheduler (Windows) 7: How to use Hashtab How to use a hash-sum definition program
The main actions that users produce with this tool are reduced to the following:
- Creating certain tasks;
- Creating simple tasks;
- Importing something;
- Inclusion of the magazine;
- View all tasks performed;
- Creating folders;
- Remove tasks.
Below we will analyze each of the features presented in more detail.
Working with simple tasks
Start the analysis of the functional is best with the creation of the most primitive tasks. In this case, you can specify the operating system the minimum number of conditions, but most often this option is suitable for simple users. Let's turn to the disaster:
- On the right side of the program window that opens, pay attention to the block. "Actions" . Locate and activate it in it. "Create a simple task" .
- A shell with primary settings of a simple task will appear. Field "Name" It is mandatory for filling. In it enter the name of the task. It is allowed to use any names and symbols, including Cyrillic. This field is recommended to fill in so that it briefly reflects the essence of the task. Count "Description" Optional to fill. There usually fits brief information about the task, any notes, etc. When you finish with this, click on the button. "Further" .
- You will automatically go to the tab "Trigger" . Here the user can choose a condition at which the task created will be started. The choice is offered from the following:
- When entering the Windows account;
- When you turn on the computer and its full loading;
- With a certain interval: every day, week, month;
- Execute a single launch;
- Run only when logging in the log of the specified event.
- Deciding with the condition, click on "Further" .
- Provided that in previous items you have chosen the launch at a certain time, then you will need to ask this time. Specify the date and start time in special fields. Also in the field "Repeat every" Indicate how many days this task must be executed. Click "Further" .
- Automatically make the transition to the tab "Actions" . Select from the proposed options, which will specifically perform the task you created:
- Run any program on your computer;
- Send one or another e-mail message;
- Just display any message from your mailbox.
- When you decide on the selection, click on the button. "Further" .
- Depending on what you have chosen in the previous paragraph, the next window interface will undergo some changes. Suppose that the option was selected "Running program" . In this case, Windows will start a special window where you have to register in the Address field to the location of the program / scenario. To not prescribe it manually, use the button. "Overview" .
- Standard will open "Conductor" Windows. Here, select the folder, and then the file you want to run and click on "Open".
- Now you will go to the concluding stage. A brief summary of the created task will simply appear here. If you would like to change something, then click on the button "Back" if you all satisfied, use the button "Ready" .
- After the task is created, you can browse it in "Task Scheduler" . If it is not displayed, then use the tab "Planner Library" That is located in the left menu of the program interface.
Creating a standard task
No wonder functionality "Task Scheduler" divides the ability to create a new task into two categories. In this case, we are already talking about creating a more advanced job, where you can set various additional conditions, etc. The creation wizard interface will also differ due to the added new features. Such a variant of tasks is usually required only in rare cases, therefore the instruction presented below will be more interesting for informational purposes:
- By analogy with the previous instructions, launch "Scheduler" and look at its right part of the interface, in the block "Act" Choose "Create a task" .
- Let the interface in the creation wizard of the usual task looks a little differently, here there are practically the same tabs that in the previous instruction, however, they are located at the top. Initially open tab "General" . Mandatory for filling is only the field "Name" . Here, the requirements for it are similar to what was exhibited in the previous instruction. You can also specify a description of the task created. Let only one item be obligatory here, you can select certain settings in this window that can be changed if necessary:
- Install the highest rights for the created task for execution;
- Specify the profile of the user from which this operation will start;
- Hide the problem being created;
- Configure compatibility settings for other Windows operating systems.
- When finished with settings in the tab "General" Go to section "Triggers" .
- Here you need to choose one of the previously created triggers, which determine the frequency and conditions for launching a task. Initially, there is nothing in the list of available triggers, so to start working with "Triggers" Click on the button "Create" At the bottom of the window.
- A new window will appear, where you can configure the operation of the trigger. Initially, it is recommended to configure the launch conditions, as other settings are opening or closed (configured in the opposite field "Start the task" ). The following launch options are available:
- Will be started with direct actions from the user, that is, with manual inclusion;
- At a certain event that is specified separately;
- During system downtime;
- When entering the system;
- According to the prepared schedule. This item is usually selected by default.
- When choosing some options discussed above, a block with a frequency settings becomes available. They are activated in the block "Options" . There are several available items:
- Single repetition. It costs the default;
- Weekly repeat;
- Daily repetition;
- Then enter the date when the task is started. Points for entering the appropriate data are located opposite the inscription. "To begin" . If necessary, you can synchronize the start of the task with time zones, putting a tick in the corresponding checkbox. You can also specify the number of days / weeks / months through which this task will be repeated.
- At the bottom of the window, in "Additional parameters" , you can set the task, stop, etc., etc. By default, everything is disabled here. To activate items, you need to put a marker opposite the corresponding item.
- Upon completion of trigger settings, press "OK" .
- You will again transfer the window where you are invited to choose one of the previously created triggers. Select your recently created, and go to the next tab - "Actions" .
- This tab is very similarly similar to the previous one. Here you also need to click on the button. "Create" To add a new action.
- A window appears that is responsible for setting up the action. On the contrary "Act" You need to select one of the three options in the drop-down menu:
- Sending email;
- Withdrawing any message;
- Run a specific program.
- If you have been selected the last option, you have to specify the path to the desired program or script. To do this, use the button. "Overview" .
- Standard will open "Conductor" Windows where you want to specify the path before the program / script file. Select the desired file and click on "Open" .
- You will see how the path you selected until the desired program will appear in the field. "Program or script" . Click "OK" To complete the work on creating action.
- You will transfer you back to the window "Creating a task" . Here you need to select just created action in a special window and go to the tab "Terms" .
- Here the user can choose from the list various additional conditions. Immediately it is worth noting that they are applied rarely. Here is the list of all additional conditions available to the user:
- Set the conditions for starting the task with a simple computer. Here you can specify the time that the computer must inactivate so that the task is running;
- Perform advanced power settings. For example, to specify that this task will be launched only in cases when the computer is connected from the network and stop the task execution when the computer goes to power from the battery;
- Specify the network when connecting to which the selected task will be configured;
- You can also perform an awakening of the computer if at the time of the task it is in the hibernation state. To do this, put a tick opposite the special item.
- When you finish with the setting of conditions for the task, click "OK" and go to the last tab - "Options" .
- Here you can change / set the following parameters:
- Allow the execution of the task on demand;
- Immediately launch the task if such a planned scheduled launch was missing;
- If a failure has been detected, you can set the restart execution parameters - the time when restarting and the number of available attempts will be performed;
- Stop the task performed longer than a certain period;
- Forced to stop the task, if it is not terminated upon request of the user;
- Install automatic removal of the task if it is repeatedly scheduled.
- When you finish tune "Options" click "OK" . After that, the task will be displayed in the list "Scheduler".
Removing the task
You figured out how the process of creating tasks occurs, but what should I do if you need to delete an irrelevant task? In the "scheduler" tasks have been specifically added a function that allows it to do. It can also be useful if the task was not created by you, but by some other user and / or third-party program. Viral programs can use the "scheduler" for some kind of needs, for example, the launch of advertising software or spyware, but only in the background.
Remember that it is categorically not recommended to remove those tasks that were created by the system itself to perform any action within it. If you are not sure that this or that task is not responsible for the performance of any important element of the OS, it is better not to touch it, since there is a risk of violating the performance of both individual programs and the entire computer. Provided that you know what you are doing, use this instruction to remove tasks from "Planner" In Windows 8:
- Run "Task Scheduler" in any way possible and expand the tab "Problem Planner Library" What is located on the left side of the window.
- A special field will be displayed in the center of the window, where the list of all created tasks that are executed or planned to start running are displayed. Select the one you want to delete and click on it with right mouse button.
- A dialog box opens where you need to confirm your intention. Do it by clicking on "Yes" .
How to disable the "job scheduler" in Windows 8
In Windows XP, the user could easily disable this program without any problems. However, in new operating systems, it can turn off the bunch of failures in the work of all OS. But still sometimes there is a need to shut down "Task Scheduler" As a rule, this concerns those cases when it is necessary to correct any "breakdown" in the OS. Yes, easy way to disable "Scheduler" No, since the developers feared that inexperienced users can indirectly harm the operating system. However, such an opportunity is provided.
It is necessary to immediately warn that shutdown "Task Scheduler" In Windows 8, there is a registry editing. Performing this instruction act at your own risk:
- To begin with, open the registry editor. This can be done in different ways, but within the framework of this instruction will be considered the easiest. Press the key combination Win + R. . In the opened line, enter the command:
regedit.and press "OK" or ENTER .
- You may have a window that requires to provide administrator rights. Click in it "Yes" .
- In the left side of the registry editor that opens, select the folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" . If there are no twigs with folders, then open item "Computer" .
- Now expand the folder "SYSTEM" .
- From her go to "CURRENTCONTROLSET" .
- Then in the section "Services" .
- The last folder in which you need to go called "Schedule" .
- Now pay attention to the right side of the window. Here are various files with values and lists of parameters. Find the parameter "Start" And activate it by clicking on it twice with the left mouse button.
- The shell starts where it is necessary in the field "Value" Put a digit "four" instead "2" . Click "OK" To apply a new value.
- You can close the registry editor window.
- To change the changes finally need to restart the computer.
If you need to turn on again "Task Scheduler" , then do the same thing that was written in the instructions above, only in the 9th step you need to put a value "2" instead "four" .
As you can see, the tool "Task Scheduler" Not as folded in the development, as it may seem initially. However, it is recommended to deactivate some tasks with caution there, especially the purpose of which you are unknown. It is also not recommended without any particular need to disconnect himself. "Task Scheduler" .
How to Open Windows 10, 8 and Windows Task Scheduler
& NBSP Windows | for beginners
Windows Task Scheduler serves to configure automatic actions at certain events - when the computer is turned on or input, at a certain time, with different system events and not only. For example, it can be configured to automatically connect to the Internet, also, sometimes, malware add their jobs to the scheduler (see, for example, here: a browser with advertising opens).
In this manual, there are several ways to open the Windows 10, 8 and Windows Task Scheduler. In general, regardless of version, the methods will be almost the same. It can also be useful: task scheduler for beginners.
1. Using the search
In all the latest versions of Windows, there is a search: on the Windows 10 taskbar, in the Windows 7 Start menu and on a separate panel in Windows 8 or 8.1 (the panel can be opened with Win + S keys).
If you start entering the "job scheduler" in the search field, after entering the first characters, you will see the desired result that runs the task scheduler.
In general, using the Windows search for the opening of those elements for which the question arises "How to run?" - Probably the most effective method. I recommend to remember him and use if necessary. At the same time, almost all system tools can be launched more than one method, which is more.
2. How to start the task scheduler using the "Run" dialog box
In all versions of the OS from Microsoft, this method will be the same:
- Press Win + R keys on the keyboard (where the WIN is the key with the OS emblem), the "Run" dialog box opens.
- Enter into it Taskschd.msc. And press ENTER - the task scheduler will start.
The same command can be entered in the command line or PowerShell - the result will be similar.
3. Task Scheduler in the Control Panel
Run the task scheduler can be from the control panel:
- Open the control panel.
- Open the "Administration" item if the "icons", or "system and security" type is set in the control panel, if the type of "category" is set.
- Open the job scheduler (or "task schedule" for the case with viewing in the form of "categories").
4. In the Computer Management utility
The task scheduler is present in the system and as an element of the built-in utility "Computer Management".
- Run the computer management, for example, you can press the Win + R keys, enter COMPMGMT.MSC. And press ENTER.
- In the left pane, in the "Service Programs" section, select "Task Scheduler".
The task scheduler will be opened directly in the Computer Management window.
5. Run the task scheduler from the Start menu
The task scheduler is also present in the Windows 10 and Windows 7 Start menu. In 10-ke, you can find it in the Windows Administration Tools section.
In Windows 7, it is in the Start - standard - service.
This is not all ways to launch the task scheduler, but sure for most situations described methods will be quite enough. If something does not work or remain questions, ask in the comments, I will try to answer.
And what if it will be interesting: